View Single Post
Old 01-31-2002, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
In a perfect Greek world where there were no elite sororities and rush infractions/dirty rushing didn't happen, we wouldn't need so many recruitment rules and "no contact" policies. As I have mentioned before (see my Rho Chi Point of View thread), my campus has 8 national sororities and 3 that are considered "the big three" during recruitment. When I was a Rho Chi, my partner and I made it very clear on the second day that in order to find the sorority that best fits you, you must be willing to see past the "happy recruitment facade" and judge these chapters fairly. Out of my entire group, 15 girls stuck with recruitment and only was was dropped the day of preference. I am proud to say that these 14 girls are doing great and as far as I know, they are all very committed to their organizations and none of them has dropped. My point is that I don't think it's unfair to say that most girls will end up where they are meant to be if they actually give each house a fair shot before and after they get a bid. Now, remember that I am speaking from a mid-size Michigan school, not a large southern school where the massive amount of PNMs can cause complications.