View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

My green book is still in the mail (I only recently took over as Panhellenic Adviser for my chapter last month), so take this with a grain of salt:

My campus (with guidance from NPC consultants) set up a system of recruitment last spring that abandoned the concept of quota for this past fall's recruitment. Instead, they adopted what the NPC consultants dubbed "bidding to total" in which a group cannot bid any more girls above total. This is mainly because under the traditional system in place on the campus no NPC group had remained at total for more than a couple months after the informal spring COB-recruitment initiations (I know the easiest solution to this would have been lowering total, but the groups other than my own had problems with this for whatever reason). Now I don't know if "bidding to total" is what you were asking about, but this is the system that the NPC consultants helped set up themselves when it was apparent that total wasn't going to be lowered.

I wish I could help you out more, but until I get that green book I think I'm probably in the dark on specifics.

I'll definitely be subscribing to this thread for my own education, though!

Last edited by skylark; 02-13-2008 at 10:16 PM.