View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

For my NPHC friends, something of a rhetorical question -- if the OP did find a photo (old photo album, university yearbook, etc) of the woman from her college days, sporting the paraphernalia of the first organization, would that be grounds for dismissal from the second? Sen seems to think that it could. After all, why would she throw the hand sign or wear a jacket for a GLO she "never pledged", right? So, even if she was a perp, would that also be grounds for dismissal from the second organization?

A year or so ago, some sisters and I found one of our badges for sale online. I attempted to contact the sister to notify her that her badge was being sold online. We wanted to make sure that it hadn't been lost or stolen from her. Not only did I find out that the seller of the badge was the member herself; but, to my horror, she had transferred universities and initiated into a different NPC organization. She was never resigned from my sorority; but, she was posting pictures all over the internet in her new organization's letters! Let's just say that the issue was "handled" between our headquarters and the headquarters of the other sorority.

But still, that's pretty gutsy. To be a renegade in an organization, be so open about it in front of many people for so long, and then "lawfully" join another org later? Oof.

True and Constant