View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

My Sopmore rushing experience

Hi, I wanted to talk a little about my experience and get some advice. I go to a big state school and rushed as a freshman. I went through each round with an open mind to what houses I got back. By philanthropy day I only got the two houses back that I did not have good conversation with. And no it’s not because they were bottom tier or anything I just tried to bond with them and I could not. To me there was no reason to join where I didn’t feel at home so I ended up dropping. All my freinds joined and encouraged me to do it again the next year so I did. I was happy with my schedule each day receiveing the max amount of houses you can. Until we got our pref night schedules. I looked and I had lost 4 out of the 5 houses on my list. I had once House. I was so sure that this year would go better for me and really opened myself up to more options and I was left with one of the two houses I had last year and could not bond with. I still went to pref and it confirmed that that wasn’t my home I felt uncomfortable and that’s not how you are supposed to feel. I really tried to be myself and it did not work out for me twice so I dropped before bid day. All the advice I’m asking for now is what to do. All my freinds are in them and I just feel very excluded and need ways to get involved in campus. Just very sad and disappointed now.