View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU'81 View Post
Nope. If I remember right, they don't have their phones. Somewhat nerve wracking as a parent too, that morning you get up, drive from your home to Stillwater, having no idea if your daughter has been offered a bid until you get there, and check the lists. May be why some, especially those from out of state, may stay the week.
That's correct..the girls don't have thier phones so parents can't text or call them. In fact, Im pretty sure they don't have thier phones until later, after they have attended all of thier parties for the day. I remember this because my really good friend's daughter was the first out of all of my friends daughter's to rush and we were all on pins and needles everyday waiting to hear from her. OSU goes through recruitment a good week and a half before most of the Texas schools...so she was our trailblazer that year..lol..

UT on the other hand allows phones throughout the process and my daughter often called me in between parties if she had time...Im not sure which is worse...lol