View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Confused and Exhausted

UGADaughter just talked to her mom and was sooooo exhausteed and soooo confused. She had to rank the sororities and was so tired she struggled to make decisions. I know it is a good problem to have, but she really struggled to rank the soroities in a meaningful order. After all, she has had 40 minutes of exposure to each house. She was gong to bed right after the call.

BTW, her adviser had them rank a "top 5" -- isn't that a little strange since they could go to as many as 6 parties tomorrow? I guess it doesn't matter, because they also had to rank a "next 2." But apparently they didn't rank the rest -- or at least that is what she understood/misunderstood.

So for UGADaughter that meant she couldn't rank one of the 8 she continues to really like, and while she thinks (emphasis on thinks) she has a top three or four, she really thinks that any of the 8 could be a great place for her. Was she confused (or maybe UGAMom is confused) or is that how it works at UGA? So if she gets cut by several of her top 7 but her unlisted 8th choice invites her back, how would that work?

I apologize that this sounds like a nice problem to have, but for a very tired and confused girl, this was real drama.

Mama Dawg -- my previous post about breaks may have been right on the money.