View Single Post
Old 10-20-2003, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey--

Here are a few I've always liked...

Sisters are different. They heard the sobbing in the darkness. They lived through all your triumphs, all your favorites, all your loves and losses. They have no delusions. They lived with you too long. And so, when you achieve some victory, friends are delighted - but sisters hold your hands in silence and shine with happiness. For they know the cost.
--Pam Brown

Dear Key Sister
Epsilon Pi Chapter – 1988

If you have learned to walk
A little more sure-footedly than I,
Be patient with my stumbling then
And know that only as I do my best and try
May I attain the goal
For which we both are striving.

If, through experience, your soul
Has gained heights which I
With only dim-lit vision see,
Hold our your hand and point the way,
Lest from its straightness I should stray,
And walk a mile with me.

Kappa is….
The contentment of friendships, but never the complacency of the clique. The encouragement of individual development, instead of strict conformity to the group. The curiosity to learn and to achieve, not limited to the quest for grades nor to a special time of life. The joy of serving others without the smugness of the do-gooder. The pride in a great heritage of a sound organization, but never the self-satisfaction of the status quo. Finally, Kappa is the ability to build on yesterday while doing today as a preparation for tomorrow.
– The History of Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity, 1870-1930

With Kappa Love, From a Kappa Sister
Anonymous

Just before you go to sleep
Think of blues both light and deep;
Think about the key that you wear
And Kappa Sisters, true and fair;
Think about the owl so wise
And a bond that never dies.

Think about the fleur-de-lis
And then, again, about the key.
But most of all, before you sleep
Think of friends you’ll always keep.

“What is Real?” asked the Rabbit one day…”Does it happen all at once, or bit by bit?” “It doesn’t happen all at once,” said the Skin Horse. “You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t often happen to people who break easily or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real, you can’t be ugly except to people who don’t understand.”
-- Margery Williams – “The Velveteen Rabbit”

Loyally,
Kristen

Last edited by imsohappythatiama; 10-20-2003 at 07:45 PM.