Thread: ASA Sound Off
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Amber VanLue-Simmons

Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): Alumna

Chapter: Beta Upsilon

Something Unique about your Chapter: We were once known as the "non sorority girls' sorority". When I joined by new member class was bigger than the number of sisters. Since then we have become one of the top 4 chapters on campus, and reached ceiling this fall.

Offices You Hold/Held: What haven't I held? Internal Relations, Song Chair, Public Relations, VP of Programming and Ritual, President 1.5 years, Alum Advisor of Ritual, Alum Advisor of Scholarship...and there are a few others that I can't remember

Awards You've Recieved: Sweetest Sister, Freshman with the highest GPA, Outstanding Exec board member, nominated for Alpha of the Year twice, Extra Mile Award, and Valued Interfraternity Advisor.

Favorite Memory: While we still lived in our house one night in September it there was a thunderstorm and all of us went out to play in the rain and roll down the hill in our front yard. We got all muddy and ran across the block to a fraternity house and ran through the entire thing and captured things. One of the sisters got caught and doused with pancack batter and ducktaped. They brought her back as ransom for the stuff of theirs. They chased us all over the place, and we even got out the other fraternities to come and play with all of us.