View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 05:21 PM

Re: What's your legacy policy?

Okay, I have to chime in here...I think the key is, if a relative of yours was in a sorority, what EO/HQ is looking for, is "Would that member have talked about her sorority life to you while you were growing up?"

So...if your great-grandmother was still alive for part of your life and maybe even babysat you when you were little (let's say...she lived up to when you reached 14 years...which is when a kid might start thinking about college)...then yeah, you might have heard a bit about sorority life from her and I think could be considered a "legacy". Similarly with aunts and so on.... I am pretty much a "2nd Mom" to my niece and she gets the "sorority marketing presentation" from me on occasion.

But let's say that you had a blood sister who was 20 years older than you, and she was out of the house by the time that you were born? Then, she probably would not have told you about her sorority life, and IMO, makes the legacy connection "weaker".

Similarly with Step-Moms and Step-sisters...if your step-Mom is the one who raised you, then she would have had more of an influence on you and might have told you about her sorority experiences.

To me, it boils down to, did this female relative (blood, or not) have a sustained and impactful presence in your life, or did they live 18,357 miles away and you never saw them?

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 07-04-2005 at 05:23 PM.