View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I was assigned my new place and given keys on Friday. The building I am moving into is one of the oldest on campus, and is built in a Gothic sytle. It is brick and ivy covered, and has very beautiful windows with the original hardware. A portion of the building is TINY studio apartments, and the rest has offices including the alumni association, the aboretum, the school of home economics historical clothing and costumes, and printing services. There is no elevator and it is over 80 stairs from the entrance to my floor. I live on the third floor but there is a sub basement, and two other floors before you get to the floor labeled 1. Some of the studios had been offices, so there are office type doors with the frosted glass painted over as bedroom doors. Because they are still somewhat see through, at night we turn off the hallway lights and leave the alcove lights on so those of us with window doors can sleep. Over part of my floor, there is an attic. You can see the huge windows from the street, and students can use it for storage of their boxes, as well as the locker closets in the hallway. The attic is thankfully NOT above my room.

The summer sessions are just ending, and at this point there are no more than five women total living on my floor. One is far on the opposite end near the main staircase, there are two in the western wing on the other side of the west staircase, and one girl and me in the center section. There are very heavy loud doors that cut off our hallways from the staircases you have to pass through to enter into the hallways. Very squeaky and you can hear the first one open and close then the second one open and close when someone heads into my hallway. The bathrooms are set up that there are sinks and toilets in one room, and all the showers are in others. One bathroom is next to my room (one of the stalls has a small window IN IT ), and a shower room is across the hall. There is also another bathroom that looks out the front in the direction of Farm House. Our kitchen is directly across from the front bathroom that faces Farm House. Our computer lab is in the western wing as well.

I was in the hallway and heard water running/dripping, so I went in the bathroom and turned the sink off. Everything is old and the toilets and sinks are highly tempermental. I saw the girl at the far end of the hall on Friday, and she said she was going out of town. The other three women are in the western wing, two in the computer lab and one is watching tv in her room. I am still going in and out bringing my things up from the basement. It is still very hot and as there is no AC, so my bedroom door is open. I'm unpacking and organizing and a bottle of perfume leaked and I got it all over my hand. I am now reeking and head down the hall to wash my hands. I go to the bathroom and the SAME SINK is running just as before. None of the girls had gone by and even if they had that is the furthest bathroom from them.

I already felt that there are "presences" in that building. It is old and many, many people have lived in it and some likely left some sort of energy there. Needless to say I felt really freaked out being there alone and I left once I finished with that box. I didn't sleep there last night and hopefully once I have all of my things there it will be okay. The window in the door is scary as hell, and I have to cover it because if I see anything lurking outside looking in, I will lose it.