Thread: bigs/littles
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it depends on the situation. I adopted my second little for a variety of reasons. Her big treated her so poorly and made her feel so unwelcome (on purpose) and she had tried to talk it out with her, with no success. She gave it enough time (meaning, she didn't just have one incident in a short amount of time. It was multiple incidents over the course of two semesters). Her entire family had nothing to do with her. She wanted to leave the sorority completely because they made her so uncomfortable. I went to my President and let her know that I was going to adopt her via candlelight, and if anyone came complaining to her to send them to me. Adopting her was one of the best decisions (as in the top 3) I have ever made, and I had no regrets. It actually turned out the chapter was very excited for both of us. I did what I thought was the sisterly thing to do (and more so because she was an amazing addition to my family).

I ask that no one attack me for posting this. And Yes, I know you are entitled to your opinions, but please be nice.

And CryingCarebear...don't worry...things happen for a reason, and one day you'll get an awesome lil' one

Sigma Kappa
1<31->
The BEST girls wear PEARLS