View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

BID DAY

Just two hours after I signed my MRABA, I panicked.

I made the wrong choice. I would rather join Cumin than Paprika. I felt more comfortable there. I did exactly what my Rho Gamma talked about and ranked Paprika first because I liked the idea of it more. But it's too late! What if I end up hating Paprika?

All day I mulled over my mistake. When the time to go collect my bid card rolled around, I was shaking. I was terrified to open it. I had texted my Rho Gamma earlier, so she knew what I was going through. She tentatively handed me my card. I took a deep breath and opened to envelope to find a bid to...

CUMIN!!! I ended up getting the chapter that I felt I belonged in, even though I ranked it second! I screamed and ran home to...

ALPHA SIGMA ALPHA! They welcomed me with open arms and I have enjoyed every minute with this sorority! I would not trade my experience for anything. They have been with me through some very difficult times and became my family away from home. As an aside, I eventually learned from my best friend that I was supposed to be paired with a woman that I knew for pref. As soon as she saw who I was with, she knew I was in trouble. Whatever happened, I ended up with a great sorority and I still spent a lot of time with my best friend and her sisters.

Recruitment was a long and emotional process, but I loved it because it brought me home. I am looking forward to continuing to be involved in ASA as an alumna.

To Bind, To Strive, To Aid