View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Day 2:

So I go to the Greek Life Office to get my invites for that day's parties, and I am relieved to see that there are 4 invites in my envelope, which is how many parties I could attend that day. So I accepted them all and left.

I was invited back to:
Polka Dots
Stripes
Stars
Lace

I was extremely excited about where I was invited back, but I was a little disappointed about Leopard Print because I really had thought that I had made a good impression with them. I didn't wallow for long though and I headed off for the rest of my classes.

After work, I met my group at the student union, and we set off for that day's parties. My friend had been invited back to the exact same groups if you were interested, and yes, we spent day 2 together as well.

Stripes: As it was philanthropy night, we learned about what their philanthropy was, and we watched a very touching video about it. We then made puppets to sell at a later date to raise money for their philanthropy. I don't feel as though I fit in here, but I give it a good chance. One of the other girls in my group was talking about her allergy to wheat, which I thought was really a bazaar topic choice, and it made me a bit uncomfortable, but that wasn't Stripes's fault as they didn't bring it up. I left unsure as the girls are very nice.

Stars: I next visited stars. They also had a video about their philanthropy, and we did a craft project relating to it (I can't say what or it will be glaringly obvious!). I was seated with girls that I had met the previous day, and I had so much fun here! They were so easy to talk to, and we were laughing and joking around. A ton of the sisters came over to talk to me, and many of them mentioned that they had noticed we were having fun and wanted to join in. I love this group.

Polka Dots: I went in very excited to see this group again, and we made squares to put in a quilt to be sold to raise money. I was forced to make a square even though I really didn't know what to put on it because the sisters were putting letters on their squares, and it wasn't like I could do that! I doodled while I was sitting with these two girls, and we were chatting about what sorority life is really like, and then one of them said the strangest thing. She looked at me and says: "A lot of people tell me that I just bought my friends. But I didn't. That's such a lie, and I hate that saying." It made me really uncomfortable, actually. She said it in an extremely standoffish tone, and I had never heard this saying before, and it was so strange to me that she brought it up. The conversation got a bit strained after that. I left feeling confused. I loved this group, but I was sure I was going to get cut.

Lace: My last group of the day was lace. Again, they had pillows out, and we were laying on the floor coloring pictures about their philanthropy and chatting, and I felt so at home! It was wonderful to be in such a relaxed setting after the awkwardness of the previous party. I didn't want to leave!

And with that, Day 2 was over. We were told again to go to the Greek Life Office the next day to select our invites, but we had that day off before pref.

I knew that I loved lace and stars, but as for the others? Well I was confused!

The next morning, I went to the GLO, and got my invites...

Lace
Stars
Stripes

No Polka Dots! I was down about it, but I knew, deep down, that it was going to happen.

And my friend? She got cut from all 4 chapters after the philanthropy round. That was very awkward as we very rarely have no matches.

Stay tuned for Pref Night!