View Single Post
Old 10-17-2000, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Mind if a guy joins in?

I transfered to my present chapter, so this all happened where I was initiated. Anyway - Here's my story.

I got to college as a freshman, during the few days between dorm move in and the start of classes there wasn't much to do. Anyway, my older sister had just graduated from the same university a few months earlier. Her fiance, Phil was finishing up his senior year, and was a Sigma Chi. I always planned to be a Sigma Chi, because my father was a Sigma Chi. (I met the sigma Chi's and we just didn't hit it off. I totally respect them though. My dad was one of their national officers way back when. (think I didn't get in trouble when I signed with another house?)

Rush at my school was really different, since there were only a few fraternities, each house would throw a big party one night and all greeks would show up to it and so there was 4 days of non-stop parties (ah, those were the days...) anyway, the first just happend to be this one house that I never even heard of. But since I was the tag-along to Phil, I was going whereever he went. (I totally knew NO ONE else on campus and was hating it).

So we go to this first house's party and it seemed really cool but I had the typical media stereotypes in my head of fraternities. I also figures that these guys would be able to tell I was a Sigma Chi legacy and since I was there with Sigma Chi's, they'd want to kick my ass. (I don't know why I thought this, but I did). There were a ton of people there, and a few of the brothers even made eye contact with me, which of course, terified me. I couldn't tear myself from the side of Phil.

Well, I had to go piss. So I made sure no brothers were looking, and darted to the pisser. I am standing there tasking care of buisness and three of the biggest SOB's walk in to the pisser. They were all bothers, and the ones who'd been trying to talk to me all night while I was running around this party trying not to get my ass kicked. Well I was in there by myself, and was completely sure i was about to get my ass done in. the biggest of the guys says, "Hey, we've been trying to get to you all night." in a really mean voice.

I think I said, "ndhijrtjot skrkwkrk!" But who the hell knows. I totally figured I was about to get my clock cleaned. Here I was, my 2nd day at school, and I was going to die. So I decided to suck it up and go down fightin'.

I blurted out, "F**K Ya'll, I can take all three of ya'll on."

There was nothing but silence.

I didn't get hit. I looked around and these guys had the strangest look on their face. The big one says, "Um, we wanted to come say hi and introduce ourselves, I'm Jon, this is Kenneth and he's Brian. Are you having a good time?"

I felt like a total JACKASS!

These guys were really cool, and believe it or not two weeks later they bidded me and years and years later, I am still a proud brother of the house.

The crazy thing is that the big SOB, Jon, ended up being my big brother.

And don't yall know they still remind me of that night EVERY ALUMNI FUNCTION WE HAVE. :

My 2 centavos.

[This message has been edited by lifesaver (edited October 17, 2000).]