View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

As a former yearbook editor...

I would be pissed. I would understand the concern for the girls safety, and oblige, but I would be pissed at the amount of energy and money that would have to be spent because this girl wasnt careful enough about keeping her secret. I can tell you it wouldnt have been a crowd shot - you couldnt tell then, it probably was a small group shot at a football game, or a couple shot. OK, so what did the dumb b**ch think they were going to do with the photo? The editor was just going to take it home and put it on his wall? Dont want anyone in your business, dont make it public, and most certainly, dont pose it for a photo.

We had a problem with this at chapter parties. People didnt like shots of them drunk. I laid down the law. Said, you show up, youre fair game. Dont want to be in a photo, dont go to the party and risk it. They do it at theme parks. (look at the signs when you go in, they tell you, by being there they can take a shot and use it in their advertising w/o compensating you.)

As for the yearbook. Several problems. Cost, you know they didnt get all the books collected, some books would get lost, not to mention the violation of privacy having the office staff read the inscriptions inside. Altering a book after printing renders it inellegible for award consideration by many state groups and most certainly the CSPA (Columbia Scholastic Press Association - the Grammys of HS Journalism)

Also, WTF, gluing in a new page. Its a book. Yes, a yearbook, but a book, you cant just "glue in" a new page. It will be all thick and stick out. Ugh. I'd just tear the whole daymn page out and be done with it. Outta make the stupid broad pay for it. Teach her ass a lesson to keep some things private.