View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll start out by saying that I went to Texas Tech, and would agree that you have put entirely too much information about yourself out for the internet to see. Not many juniors rush at Tech, even less of them are double majors, and even less of them have a 3.2 GPA. Giving this much information about yourself makes it evidently clear who you are. Also, referring to the houses you want as middle and bottom tier is immature as well as disrespectful to the chapters you mentioned.

I truly wish you the best in recruitment, but would highly suggest removing this post before anyone else from Tech comes across it.

To answer your question, Tech has a competitive recruitment and most chapters don't take more than 3 or 4 sophomores, much less juniors or seniors. I believe we have an upperclassman quota, but I'm not sure how that works because I don't remember ever seeing juniors or seniors pledging. There is a reason for this, and it is this: as a junior, you are about 2 or 3 years older than your pledge sisters. Because of this, you likely will not fit in with them, and it is important to the recruitment team that they gain a pledge class that is close and create genuine friendships. This is hard when you aren't living in the dorm with them, taking the same classes as them, eating lunch on campus everyday with them, etc.

I say this not to deter you from rushing, but as a reality check. If you find the right house, none of those things will matter and you will feel comfortable despite your age difference. Once again, good luck!