Thread: Omega Financial
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

The thing about being a good treasurer is that you can't be afraid to be the bad guy. At meeting, during my report, I'd always read a list of members who hadn't paid their dues. I made sure they understood that I was serious about going after their badges if they go too far behind, and I made examples of a few of them by sending them off to collections.

All in all, I collected just about everything we were owed. The treasurer's job is to look after the financial aspects of the house. Let the other officers worry about brotherhood, fun, etc.

To speak to one of your problems, amanda, to get guys to look at their online accounts (and I know OmegaFi has a very strange login system requiring an account number or something if that's still accurate), I'd post a list of account numbers with the last 4 digits of each brother's social next to them in the house. I stopped answering the "what is my account number" questions. They were just referred to the board which they should have been looking at every day anyhow.

It worked out.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma