Thread: rushing twice
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe542010 View Post
I rushed last year and it was something I decided to do really last minute. I wasn't happy with the houses I had towards the 3rd round. I was trying to keep an open mind so I stayed until I got a bid. Unforchuantly I didn't really feel like I was at home with that house so I dropped before I was initiated. I know I am eligible to rush again my sophomore year and is something I want to do. I just want to know if it shows up that I had previously got a bid the year before to all the chapters when I rush again? I know that might look bad that I previously rushed.I really want to be in a sorority so any advice in rushing my second time.
You can count on someone in all of the chapters knowing. Nothing is really very private anymore. It might hurt you, but there is nothing you can do about that now. Do NOT bring it up at any chapter that you visit. I sincerely doubt they will bring it up. You can ask (and I would definitely recommend) that you skip the party at the house that you depledged. No need to go there.

Having said that, are you better prepared this year? Do you have recommendations in place? Were your freshman grades really good, at minimum above 3.0? How are you different from the last time that you rushed? On many, many campuses, your first rush is the most successful.

Good luck!