View Single Post
Old 12-16-2001, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I've got a gem...

At our school, a tradition at our basketball games is to hold up a section of the newspaper while the opposing team is being introduced, then crumple it up and throw it on the court. There was a big controversy about students hiding hard objects in their newspapers and hurting players, opposing fans, etc. when they threw it. So the school said no more newspapers, and mandated that students have to be searched extensively upon entrance, revoked a whole student seating section near the court and put down a bunch of other regulations to avoid more people getting hurt.

...Anyway, one of my sisters was discussing the ridiculousness of these new regulations with a PM (and a legacy, no less) during a recruitment party, and how it's horrible that a few stupid students took away one of our few school traditions. The PM argued that throwing newspaper onto the court could in fact hurt someone. My sister kinda laughed it off and said "yeah, maybe a whole stack of newspapers." Then the PM looked her straight in the face and deadpanned "Anything can be used as a weapon. I could kill you right now with this fork."

Needless to say she was cut and has become a running joke in the house. She ended up in another sorority, and it's always a good time to see her during Greek wide events.