View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
The bottom line.

Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. does not have a policy against joining more than one non-nphc organization. You don't have to like it and quite frankly your opinions on the topic won't change anything. I may think some of the policies of AXO and DST are dumb or plain wrong. But guess what? Its really not for me to "speak on" and to attempt to do so in public is plainly in poor taste.

My suggestion to the sidechatters concerned with what the "Jones" are doing is to find a new hobby or better yet focus your attention on more important things...like community service.

As for the lifetime membership reference, when you can say you have been ACTIVE and financial for 10 plus consecutive years, then you will have a better idea of what it actually means to be a member for life. Lets be honest, more than half of the current collegiate Greek community will become inactive after graduation.

Using the "membership for life" tag has not kept the Greek community 100% active and financial in the NPHC, NIC, IFC, NPC or any other group. And trying to use "the membership for life" tag as a means to dissuade others from seeking membership in an organization that speaks to one's heart at "the moment" is a waste of time. People join fraternities and sororities for a hosts of reasons. Sometimes the reasons are silly. But the interesting thing is some of those members who "appeared to be " joining for all of the "wrong" reasons later become some of the most valuable players on the team.