View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
You've been on GC for a long time; you know that the way your questions are worded are not going to be answered. Simply too many variables at play in recruitment.

One example: women who voluntarily withdraw from recruitment when they don't get invited back to their desired chapter(s). Can't be offered a bid when you don't play all the way through. How does that affect the answer(s)?

Again, your questions would benefit from better refining your search terms. You have a tendency to pick up the broadest brush possible and then paint. I know you think I am picking on you, and I'm truly not. I'm being a responsible analyst and trying to help you. If I were the one asking, I would break down the questions into much more definable terms.
How does that affect the answer(s)? It doesn't.
Variable 1: Number of women who sign up (and meeting the school and Panhel's objective criteria) to participate in Panhellenic Recuitment. As far as I can tell, at most schools this is a specific number. It doesn't matter whether they drop immediately after signing up, suicide at their final choice or continue on all the way to becoming a pledge.

Variable 2: Number of bids offered by the Sororities participating the Panhellenic recruitment at the end of period, regardless of whether they are accepted by the girls. (Which should be more or less equal to the sum of the quotas)

Are there cases where Variable 2 is less than half of Variable 1. I'm not looking to find out whether for Alabama's 2016 rush the ratio is .4135, I'm looking for round numbers.