View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaAGD
The CBEST is the easiest of all the teaching tests you will take. The best advice for the CSET is to get those homework help books for grades 3-6. The history, science and social science is mostly 4-6th grade material. (That is if you are just getting your multiple subject credential.)

CBEST and CSET testing taking classes are helpful. Just remember to answer the questions without babbling. They are looking for straight forward answers on the essays.

Good luck!!! Everyone needs a little when becoming a teacher...
Grea advice! The CBEST is cake, so easy, but the CSET is another story as it tests on material from K-12 and really does cover all of these grade levels. I studied for two weeks abot 4-5 hours a day using the Cliff Notes Prep Book and I passed all three of the Multiple Subject tests my first try (which is no easy feat!). Also, within the essay section part, if you don't know the answer, show whatever work you can so you can get at least 1/4 points. Let me tell you that had to be the only thing that saved my on the math and science essays!

Good Luck and PM if you have anymore questions (I'm in my 2/3 semesters of a credentialing program so I have lots of info.)

Do you have to take the RICA eventually? That is the test I am taking next.