View Single Post
Old 08-23-2001, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

At this point, I don't want to say what school this is. I am sure what these girls are experiencing is happening on every campus. I will name the school on Saturday.
This morning, the girls picked up their invitations for Round 3. For some it was good news, for others, heartache. My daughter was more fortunate than many. She didn't see too many of her friends, but 3 have decided to withdraw. She tried to tell them that the BEST sorority on campus was the one that wanted THEM.
It didn't help. Of the others, 3 received 1 invitation, 2 received 2 but none of her other friends received 5(that she knows of). There are bound to be several girls who did receive 5, but she doesn't hang out with any of them. The mood at pick up was a mix of excitement, shock and yes, some girls were angry.
The cuts again were deep. Many girls across the campus received 2, or 1. They are scared stiff!
A few Rho Chis and random girls told her how lucky she was to have 4 invitations so she is really pumped. She called it exactly right when I spoke to her last night. She knew who was likely to cut her and who she had the least in common with. This in no way implies she didn't like the sororities, in fact, she liked them a LOT. She just knew the fit wasn't there. One that cut her had a rusher that sat there with nothing to say. In fact her exact words were,"I felt like I was trying to rush HER!" The other two have great reputations, but when she took a hard look , she knew that it was not for her. She knows she will be friends with some of the members and is happy with that. So, in her eyes, the remaining 4 are exactly what she would have wished for and though many would consider them "strong" she is not looking at that as a factor. She is trying to remain totally open and not get her hopes up, but at this point, that is almost impossible. There are TWO that she has a stronger feeling for, but she is fighting it in order to avoid being let down. I'm sure all know exactly what I'm talking about.
So, now that the end is near, no matter what happens, she has had a great time. They pick up invitations to Pref tomorrow afternoon. Next post will be after she sees the list.