View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Senior AND third time rushee?

Oh boy. So I odds are that it would be a really bad choice to do this again, so this is more of a rant than anything, but...

So I'm a junior transfer from a community college and I know go to school in the city. My school is pretty heavily commuter based, it's large (around 30,000 students go here), and because I always wanted to join a sorority, I figured it would be a good way to make my campus smaller and be apart of something larger than myself. My school doesn't have a big NPC population so as a result we don't typically do formal rush and we also have several cultural GLOs (my campus is very diverse).

So fall semester I blew it because I suicided and of course, didn't get a bid. I decided to wait until spring, join a few organizations and clubs, and let myself get established at my uni. I ended the semester with a 3.8 GPA, which I did while commuting an hour each day, as well as participating in the clubs, doing 15 credit hours and working 20 hours a week. One of the sisters in the sorority I rushed for reached out and asked if I was going to rush again, so I figured why not. I put myself out there and talked to as many sisters as I could, and of course I did the most important thing: not suicide. This past spring, 3 sororities did an informal recruitment, including the one I suicided, and I attended as many events as I could. I thought I did really well, but then after the events and interviews were over I got a call from all 3...And told I hadn't been extended a bid to any of them.

I know my odds are stacked against me, especially considering that the fall recruitment will be informal as well, but I still would like to rush one more time. I won't be rushing for the sorority I suicided for, but I am interested in about 4 sororities in total, plus any that will open their recruitment period in the fall. My GPA right now is a 3.75, I am still involved in my previous organizations, and I plan to move into the city my school is in so my commute time will drastically decrease. A lot of sororities at my school do accept non-traditional pledges and considering that I plan on staying at my college for at least another semester, I think that works in my favour. But my question to you all is this: would it be worth it to rush again? I would also like to mention again that I would not be rushing NPC.