View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 07:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Alright so I'm very interested in joining the lovely women of Beta Sigma Phi. I've been reading about the organization all night but I can't really figure out what the process is. I have quite a few questions and if you can help me out please do!

1. I sent them my info over a little online form thing with my name, address, phone #, age range, and chapter preference. I didn't call them or email 'rushing-friendlyventure' or any direct administrators. Will it take too long this way? Should I email/call them anyway? There are a bunch of chapters in my area, how long will it take to get a response? (I also told them I'm open to online chapters)

2. On the website there's a button that says "Submit New Pledge Form" where you fill in your info and pay your initial fee. Do you submit this form and pay the fees before you meet with a chapter?

3. How long after meeting with a chapter do you become a pledge?

4. When do I officially become a member/sister? After I pay my initial fees? After being accepted as a pledge? After the 6 months of pledge training?

5. What if none of the chapters in my area want to take me? Can I just reapply for online membership or will they do it for me?

6. Can I still rush in the summer? Like, can I rush/become a member any time of year? Or does the whole process have to be put on hold until fall because that's usually when sorority recruitment/rushing is?

Last edited by hopeful_betasig; 05-24-2016 at 07:50 AM.