View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Up until this year, the PNMs at FSU all moved in to one dorm, then when the dorms opened up officially, moved again into their permanent placement.

This year FSU opened up the dorms a week earlier, so that it wasn't just PNMs moving in, it was all sorts of people. Big article in the paper about it yesterday in fact. Most parents were in favor because it meant they didn't have to take time off of work to get their kids settled AND it meant the kids could get familiar with campus and the town a full week before classes started.

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/talla...l/12435924.htm

I spent my freshman year at UN-Lincoln and wanted to move in the day the dorms opened, not realizing that the only other girls in the dorm were there for Rush (and I wasn't), there was no food service on campus and I was too afraid to admit I'd made a mistake and pretty much stayed in my room for an entire week, afraid to go exploring, lol. Survived on grapes, diet soda and crackers. Everyone on my floor (women) were there to Rush, and I had no clue what that meant at the time.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.