View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome!

I don't know if NPHC houses (I'm assuming NPHC?) have the same type of recruitment process as NPC houses--do you have one rush process for the whole council, during which you get to tour/meet sisters from each house? Or do the houses hold rush events individually, and you choose which house(s) you'd like to rush in advance? If there's one recruitment that covers all the houses, you may not really be able to choose the one you join--it'll be whoever gives you a bid--so keep an open mind, and you might just find that another house is perfect for you! If they do individual recruitment, though, you can ignore everything I just said

That said, if your school's sororities do separate rushes and you have more power to choose to attend events for only this sorority...would you really want to join one that would get worked up over a couple tattoos? I mean, we're not talking about offensive symbols or anything, right?

Another option, if you really think your self-consciousness about the tattoos would affect your ability to be yourself around these girls and not be a nervous wreck, you could always try something like Dermablend--it's really thick concealer, used on movie sets, that can cover up tats/bad scars and the like. My mom used to have some and the stuff is like war paint. (I don't remember who carries it, but maybe Google it?) But don't do this because you don't think the girls will like your tats; do it only if you think you'll be too worried about your tats to really enjoy your rush experience.

Good luck!