View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletsAreBlue View Post
As somebody who went through no-frills rush before no frills was a thing (small school, didn't have these big budgets), I have to ask. Before "no frills" existed, did you really get a chance to connect with women, if you were so busy with skits and crafts, etc.? I'm genuinely curious.

In my rush, I was simply brought around to have as many conversations as I could. There was a 5 presentation about our philanthropy and maybe a 5 minute video with photos and music to show the sisterhood, but other than that it was all conversation. Except for pref, obviously.

As for clothes, we were dictated down to the shoes. I remember there once being a HUGE argument about brown vs. black with a navy shirt.
I will absolutely say that when I went through, I can't remember one conversation I had but I remember the skits, the songs, food, decorations and the pretty girls that I was dazzled by. I would like to believe that the no-frills rush definitely creates more ACTUAL connections than the "let's put our prettiest, funniest girls on stage and sell our sisterhood" that I feel it was back then. I'm not a shallow person--it as just more about pageantry and food and music than it was about talking and getting to know people.