View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bubblegum
I know we should have started planning a fundraiser much earlier, but I've told these girls since the beginning of February to start saving money and start trying to get money from parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. for plane tickets to conference, but no one actually did it.
maybe i'm reading in to things, but it appears you're blaming the women (they're not girls) for not thinking ahead, but as president that should have been one of your responsibilities as well.

when i was in college, there's no way i could have raised any money to attend a conference, even if the president threatened my life. my family didn't have money for that--they had to take out loans just to get me to college! and i wouldn't have spent my measly $6 an hour babysitting money on plane tickets when i needed that money for food. that would have been a hell of a lot of babysitting anyway! you need to realize that not everyone has a financial support system--some people can barely feed themselves in college.

while i hope for the best for your chapter, i hope you will take what i have to say to heart. i'm not judging you or your chapter. i'm just trying to make you see that no matter how much begging and pleading you do now, you ALL should have thought of a fund raiser at the beginning of the year since you knew about the conference then.

best of luck to you.