View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyKD View Post
I have been an active member in numerous KD alumnae chapters. My kids were exposed to Greek Life since they were born. Neither went through rush or recruitment. When they went away to school (she went across country as a freshman, he went to Humboldt as a transfer student) I made the same rule for both of them. If they wanted to look into Greek Life I would back them to the ends of the Earth, if they did not partake of Greek Life, I wanted them to join SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to insure that they did not just sit in their dorm rooms and not experience what college life had to offer. She is my outgoing butterfly and joined several organizations that were religious based, he is my kid on the spectrum who was bullied all though school until he started the community college. He was involved in the housing council for the dorm, was an officer and had a wonderful experience. If they don't join Greek Life, so be it. But do encourage him to join something and become involved on campus in some way.

DaffyKD
Love the advice!