View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Blondie, I agree - our city always has a 3 or 4 who pledge at Alabama and Auburn and don't come through our alumnae panhellenic. Not to mention the girls at UAB and Montevallo - they almost always sign up at the last minute because they aren't even aware there are sororities at those schools.

And yes, we have girls who will say they're just going to get a few recs for the sororities they think they want.

What's REALLY irksome, however, is the local alumnae group of an NPC sorority that refuses to participate in the alumnae panhellenic. They say they'll pick the girls they want to sponsor and don't need the info from Panhellenic.

I just figure they miss out on some great girls.
our local alumnae panhellenic will not host an information session nor can you count on women in certain sororities to agree to meet young women in need of recs. they are a bunch of old biddies who have done it this way since the stone age. my zeta sister and i offered to do all the leg work to organize an information session or organize women from each of our member sororities for rec. writing and have been shot down numerous times. it's a shame!