View Single Post
Old 03-13-2000, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

The "Best Sorority" is based on personal opinion. Each national sorority has chapters at different schools all over the US or the world in some cases. You will get different opinions from every person in this forum because they are going to be a bit partial to their own sorority. Each school is different, therefore each chapter of each sorority is different. What I suggest looking at is the sorority its self. What each sorority stands for, such as philanthropy. Decide what you think is best based on what you find. Each chapter of each sorority will have the same philanthropy and the same ideals and issues, but the people at each school are different. Decide if you want to join a social or professional sorority, or both. I'm partial to Delta Zeta and Sigma Alpha Iota because I am a sister of both. Check out your options, not every sorority is at every school. Look at the schools that you might want to attend and decide from there. You can't listen you anyone but yourself. You are the one who is deciding what sorority to join, don't let anyone sway your decision. Make your decision based on what each sorority stands for, nothing else, because sororities are not just about parties and people, they are about community too. They are about serving the community and helping people and orginizations. It's a lot of hard work to be in a sorority, but it is fun. So make your decision based on what you believe in.

------------------
"I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

--Julia Roberts
(Steel Magnolias)

[This message has been edited by mgdzkm433 (edited March 13, 2000).]