View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 05:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by InHocYall
Sigma Chi was based among other things on Christian values. I do not beleive that true fraternity can thrive when you are looking to 'date' brothers. As a brother in my chapter I prefer to preserve the prestige and tradition that have made us a top tier national fraternity. If you want to go progressive join some 'progressive' fraternity that was founded in 1998. I value tradition and am adapting my life to represent the ideals, not adjusting the ideals to modern times.
Homophobic much?

This is a pretty asinine argument, especially since Sigma Chi includes members who aren't any kind of Christian. Should they all be removed for not being Christian?

It's the same basic line of reasoning for gays in a fraternity or sorority.

Furthermore, I don't think most gay men would want to date within their own fraternity, but would seek to date outside the chapter, for reasons that should be fairly obvious.

And just so you know, I'm a moderate on the issue of gay rights. I don't think the country is ready to accept gay marriage, but I could see civil unions gradually spreading to the more liberal and maybe one or two moderate states in the current social climate. (This of course precludes those multitude of states that banned gay marriages with their recent passed amendments.)