View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

This occurred in the days before cell phones and internet social media, 25+ years ago:

A small NPC chapter requested rush party assistance from their alum chapters located as far away as sixty miles. All helper alums were told in advance specific types of outfits to wear based on the party theme for the night they would be helping the chapter. Some alums were asked to bring specific types of food/drinks in keeping with the chosen party theme.

Shortly before one rush party the small chapter discovered the other campus NPC group was having the same party theme they'd planned, so the small chapter changed their own theme on the fly but had no time to inform their helper alums to have alums wear a different type of outfit. And of course the food/drinks being brought-in by alums would not change!

At the actual rush party the chapter wore all black and held a comedy sketch routine, while alums were decked-out in non-swimsuit beachwear attire---not the best mesh of genres.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.