View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBows View Post
I'm going to have to agree with the other posters here, you are coming off as pretty clingy and insecure. It's only 8 days - if you don't think your relationship can stand that much time apart then it must not be a very strong one to begin with. My SO and I are in a similar boat, as I am an active sister and he is not Greek. The thing is, he understands that during a time like recruitment, I do have to put my sorority first because it is a commitment I made long before I met him. I then understand that he has commitments he needs to put first like his position on Student Council or in the Engineering Students' Society.

OP, think of it this way. If she were going on vacation for 8 days, would you feel the same way?
I mean, yes and no. I have understood that this is more of a priority in her life than I am, and that's okay. If it was her being gone somewhere else, it's not a big deal. It is a little irritating that despite being within 5 minutes of eachother, we can't even really even make contact because the rules here are pretty harsh, and there's nothing we can do about that. It's like you want to open a gift for Christmas, but you can't wait until then. Or if you get a cookie from the cookie jar, but there's a lock on top.

It's childish I'm worrying about this, but we talked things out last night a bit, and everything will be okay. I know for a fact my priorities fire up as soon as recruitment is over however, as we have three-four sports kicking off at work, so I'm going to have more late nights and weekends to work than I did before. We just want to be committed to each other no matter what, and if I can wait a week (well, now looking like 2), then it'll be worth it in the end.
I just want her to feel the same way she saw me before, after recruitment and things slow down a bit. we both have priorities, we just happens to be each other's too.