View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post
Do you have fax cover sheets showing that you sent them?

I'd send a paper copy of the contract with the enlargement section highlighted by certified mail, return receipt. If you have the fax cover sheets, I'd send paper copies of those attached, as well. That way he knows that you can prove he received the contract. THEN, enclose a letter politely but firmly setting a deadline of 30 or 60 days for either completing his obligations under the contract or returning $____ of the money you paid plus copies of the negatives (if you don't have them) so that you can get them done elsewhere. Clearly state that after that 30 days (or 60 days) you will immediately be taking further legal action.
We have gone through all of that. Mind you we were married in 2005, so the whole issue was just dragged out for a long time.

As a follow up to my last post, my mom called him and told him he was basically a scam and ruined our wedding etc. He went on to say that I was spoiled, his most difficult client, and he could tell I had never been inconvenienced! He argued that he gave us our album 3 months after the wedding, but not the enlargements.

Obviously, if you book a service, you expect delivery of the product in a reasonable amount of time. Every time I called he was busy, could not make the appointments etc. and this went on for a year. Then in 2006, my husband's mother died and he later tried to say that's when he was "getting" it all together and I was impossible to contact.

Even after settling with him, you still feel horrible about your wedding day memories being ruined.

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society