View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to I_Love_Penguins
Thanks for all the help. I am kind of stuck in this job though because I did apply several places at the beginning of the year and out of all my apps, this was the only place I got an offer, so I just took it. I had another job last year, but it was only a work study and we employees were basically left to sign up for our own hours (we were athletic event staff...working scoreboard, selling programs, etc.) and I left because it came to a point where I could barely sign up for anything due to everything I had going on. I made no money and all I got paid was minimum wage ($5.15 an hour here in PA). I took this job mainly because I am getting more money because food service here is not considered a work study job; we have an outside company providing our food.

I digress though. It does however, kind of upset me to see people putting down my work. I don't drive so it's not like I can work at the local newspaper where I can get experience in my communications major. I do, however, hold an assistant editor position on the school paper and write when I can. I've tried to get in with my local paper at home but no one ever contacted me back after I spoke to someone in March. So it's not like I don't want experience; it's just that I've tried an opportunity that didn't work out. I guess that's why I keep taking these food service jobs...at least I can get hired there. But no matter what job I take, I still try to work hard and be a reliable employee so that should count for something, right?