View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Why are you bragging that its taken this long for a black student to win the PSU pagaent? Are you ignorant enough to believe that there were not worthy black contestants in the past? Trust me - there were. And I dare say if you put ANY of the former Miss Black Penn State winners up against the Miss PSU the Miss Black Penn State Women would win out the majority of the time! The fact that 16 years after I first entered PSU there is finally a black winner of the "mainstream" pagaent does not take away the need or the reasons why Miss Black Penn State was created.

CONGRATULATIONS NAOMI WILLIAMS - you join a long line of beautiful and illustrious women. Hold your head up with PRIDE my sister.

Marty: You'd do well to learn your CAMPUS history before you spout off about things you know nothing about. I entered PSU in 1987 - (grad in 1992) students were still protesting to get the university to divest from South Africa! I proudly attended the pagaent every year - to see some real talent and support a good cause. As an alumni we talk to current students and it is sad to hear them fighting the same battles we did. For all the positive things happening on too many levels nothing has changed - because each year a new class of freshman with their closed minds and ignorant attitudes invade the campus. Don't be fooled by the logo....everything wasn't always good in Happy Valley.

By the way - turn your tv on ABC/CBS/NBC and FOX ARE WET - they just don't use those call letters.

Last edited by stardusttwin; 03-04-2003 at 11:21 PM.