View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2BaPhiGam View Post
We do some of that but we could always do a much better job. I think part of the problem is we're too relaxed; "rush isn't until Labor Day... cool we'll procrastinate!". It's hard to keep the energy up for 4 weeks of recruitment, and difficult for small chapters to afford that many weeks. And then you also have the guys that are locked just waiting for four weeks (or worse being talked out of it by their independent friends).
Eh, well those are issues your own group (and other fraternities) has to face. If you approach it like that, of course you will not be getting more PNMs. If IFC knows this and refuses to make it sooner, I don't know why they won't listen to reason. How early can you give bids out? If you get your guys active & meeting freshman the first week of school and move-in week, vote on PNMs and issue bids then.

IFC recruitment is supposed to HELP groups, not hinder them. Get your IFC to move towards an informal fall recruitment ASAP. Once my school ditched the formal process with presentations and "rounds," groups ended up getting more members.