View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I was spanked...it was always the last resort threat, but on many an occasion it was warranted. I know exactly how much of a hellion I was and if I have kids I imagine I'll get all that and more thrown back at me. It didn't make me a violent child and it didn't ALWAYS work, but most of the time it at least made me think twice. And I was an unusually stubborn child. My parents have even shown me video evidence...I was horrible. So I have nothing against spanking. (Though I don't want teachers or babysitters doing it for me...it's supposed to be a deterrent, not a beating and I don't want to risk someone fudging that line.) I won't, however, do that in public. It really does upset some people...when I misbehaved badly enough to warrant a spanking in a public place my parents took me out and then spanked me to avoid subjecting other customers to the yelling that would inevitably ensue. Which is how I think it should be done. No one wants to listen to a family disagreement and a screaming child during dinner, for instance.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx

Last edited by Alumiyum; 06-25-2010 at 11:13 PM.