View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY ONE

Venus- This was my first party of the day. I’m glad my mom warned me about the songs and chants, because these girls were so loud, they made the floor shake. Many other PNMs in my Gamma Chi group looked severely overwhelmed. The songs here, combined with everyone’s go-getter attitude makes me really like this chapter. Conversation here felt a bit forced, but I really like the girls, and I am willing to say any awkwardness came from this being the first party.

Saturn- I talked to two amazing girls here, and everything felt so natural. I was surprised because this was a chapter I hadn’t given much thought to earlier in the year, but I liked them a lot. I could see myself liking it here.

Mars- The girls I talked to here were very quiet. I could barely hear the questions I was being asked. I felt bad, because I was trying to be as polite as possible but I’m not sure if our conversation made any sense. I hope I answered the questions I was actually asked. Their songs were cute and very informative. I’m wondering if these girls are too shy for me, but I would be happy here.

Mercury- These girls were awesome! I talked to about five or six of them. Every time they switched off, the new girl would ask what I had previously been talking about, so I never had to repeat my major, hometown, age, etc. However, I don’t know if I really got to know any of them, because we probably spent two minutes with each girl. Overall, I would love to come back here, but I’m not getting my hopes up, and I will likely list them as one of my ranked chapters.

Uranus- Again, this is a chapter I hadn’t thought much about, but I was very impressed. This was the standout of the day. I talked to about five girls, and said a quick hello to my friend from this chapter. One of the girls here was from my hometown and worked close to a school in my district, so we talked a lot about my hometown. Their songs were incredible. My only concern is how much they value intramurals. (I am the least sporty person I know.) But I could be the best team mom ever.

Neptune- I LOVE this chapter. Everything they do is so polished and beautiful. When I walked through the tunnel at this group, my middle school friend jumped out of line and accompanied me and my assigned sister to the talking area. When they sang their songs, the floor bounced up and down, because they were all so peppy. I only talked to one sister here, but I think our conversations went well. On my way out, a bunch of girls called my name and waved at me. I’m not sure if this is a realistic place for me, but I like it here a lot.

Jupiter- Up until today, I thought I could never be a Jupiter. They seemed like a whole other league, far above where I was. But for some reason, I got great vibes today. I won’t be torn up if I’m not invited back. However, I think this chapter was great over all.

Earth- This was a good party. However, the thing that stuck out the most to me was how many actives there were. It seemed like there were a good two actives for each PNM. I liked their medley the best. I had some good conversations here.

After that, I had a thirty-minute break, and then a whole two hours in the holding area before I was able to vote. I knew I had some tough decisions to make, but I ultimately realized that if I liked a chapter, then why not put it on my top 6? The worst thing that could happen is not getting called back to them, and then my 7th or 8th choice gets another chance. Choosing number seven was difficult because I had liked Mercury all semester, but the party was lackluster to me. And then there was Jupiter. My plan going in to recruitment was to just accept that I wouldn’t be one of them, and that it was okay to rank them last, but I figured if I like the this time, I might as well list them in my top six. Here was what I decided.

UNRANKED
Venus
Earth
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune

RANKED
1. Mercury
2. Mars

Last edited by GirlinSpace; 01-11-2017 at 04:27 PM.