View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
Questions for the RFM experts (if I can manage to ask these coherently):

Is variable quota in place for some chapters (who voted in favor) but not others (if some did not) during the same recruitment?

From the PNM side -- how does it affect overall placement rate?

Also from the PNM side -- could variable quota hypothetically cause a PNM, who ranks a large chapter first after pref, to be less likely to match with that chapter (due to reduced quota), than under the past system?
I think it will affect placement rate the first year or two because more PNM's will drop out. In theory, if 1/3 of the chapters are "strong" recruiting houses and 1/3 are "weak", in the past 1/3 of bids went to strong houses and 1/3 to weak. With variable quota, it could turn out that only 20% of the bids go to strong houses and 45% of the bids go to weak houses. I can see a lot of PNM's thinking that "their bid" got taken away from the houses they went into recruitment wanting, and not accept the bid they get or worse, drop out before they even have a chance to get to know the other chapters.

After several years, this system seems to work well for Arkansas because the PNM's who are not being considered by the strong recruiting chapters are cut very early in the week (because RFM is driving to that lowest quota range and their return rates are high = huge early cuts), giving them time to consider all their other options to go Greek.

I hope it works at Ole Miss but knowing the culture there, I do think it will take a year or three to be effective.