View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazing View Post
While I get what you are saying, I find it very hard to believe a group like AEPhi won't question a girl about it. I say this because when we rush we ask about it, being in a similar situation. I just want to know how a sorority deals with it.
I think that it is pretty obvious, on the sorority side, which PNM's are Jewish. Remember that we have their full names, hometowns, high schools, and often parents' names and affiliations as well. We also have lists of activities, like BBYO, USY, NFTY, etc., and "I was a camp counselor this summer" usually means Jewish up here (GC was the first time I'd ever heard of people going to camp that wasn't Jewish summer camp).

In fact, I'm pretty surprised that you say you ask guys if they are Jewish, because I would assume most of the guys you rush are people you already know, and through similar networks.

I think the larger concern, at my school, was the information going in the other direction. AEPhi and SDT were diverse, but still predominantly Jewish, and I think they would typically bring this up with non-Jewish women at 2nd invitational. By then, I think there was enough chatter among PNM's for everyone to know they were the "Jewish houses", but I definitely understand why they would want to be certain the PNM's had that information before deciding with preference parties to attend. At schools where those chapters are not predominantly Jewish, I doubt it would even be a conversation.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 05-30-2012 at 08:38 PM.