View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterng!rl2 View Post
Here's my short story... I signed up for formal sorority recruitment my freshman year. I go to a Big 10 school in the Midwest (I'm not sure if this counts as a competitive school or not). I got called back the 2nd day for parties, but on the 3rd day I got dropped by ALL 6 sororities from the day before, so I had no more parties on my list and was automatically dropped from recruitment. I was absolutely heartbroken, I have a great GPA, was involved in h.s. as well as in philanthropy, dressed up, and from my POV the conversations went good. I related to most of the girls I talked to? We talked about our favorite foods from certain cafes in the area and if we grew up in the same part of the state. And I made sure to avoid the 5 B's (Barack, Boys, Booze, Bucks, & Bible) of course.

Needless to say it was a HUGE shock to me when I got dropped by ALL of my houses on the same day. Again, I tried informal recruitment in the Spring of my freshman year with no luck and no bids.

I really want to try sorority recruitment again in the fall of my sophomore year, but am SUPER nervous, not only because of my past experiences but because I heard sophomores have a bad stigma when rushing.

Is this true? Do some chapters cut you just because of your non-freshman status? Or should I still give it a try? I REALLY DON'T understand what I'm doing wrong and others former Greek women I talk to can't seem to figure out what I did as well? I just want to find my group of sisters.
It sounds like you think you were an ideal candidate freshman year but you were completely cut after the second round. What's changed since freshman year that will make you more attractive as a sophomore when you say sophomores have a harder time at your school?