View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole38 View Post
Hi, I am an incoming sophomore at FSU and rushing this fall! I know how important recommendation letters are, but do they have to be from an alumnae specifically from FSU? I am pretty sure they have to but I just want to make sure. Also, would recommendation letters be allowed from people such as long standing family friends?

Also, I read about the new rules regarding upperclassmen quotas and heard that it was good news for me! Is this true? Will it give me a better chance at getting a bid?
Recommendations letters can be from any alumnae of that sorority. So for FSU you probably want to ask for at least one letter for each sorority they have on campus. They do not have to be from sorority women who pledged at FSU. They can be from anywhere. If you had a long-standing family friend that was in a sorority, but from USC - she could still write you a letter for her sorority.

If FSU is instituting an upperclass quota that should make it a little less competitive for you. Grades and accomplishments will still be important, but you wouldn't be less desirable than a freshman just because you were older.

Good luck!