View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I really need advice. Help!

Hi, first off I will say that I am a new initiate of my sorority. Things were going ok at first. Just ok. The house that I ended up in wasn't my first choice, but I tried to make it work. The thing is that we have such a large pledge class I find it really hard to meet people-I still don't know everybodies names. I tried really hard at first to be outgoing, but I didn't seem to make any friends, which was the whole reason I joined the house. The people that I have talked to just remain aquaintances and they seem to already have their own friends in the house and aren't interested in having another one. Our sorority hasn't had a single social function this year. I came to this college not knowing anybody and I don't get along with my roommates at the dorm. I spend every weekend in my room alone. At this point I really don't know what to do. As time goes by I keep getting more and more reserved because friendships haven't been made and I feel out of place. Our house is all about sisterhood, moms & dots and all that stuff, but at this point I feel like it is all a bunch of crap. Does anyone have advice on how I could try to make some real friends in my pledge class. I feel silly because I know it shouldn't be this hard, but I don't know what to do anymore. For example, If I talk to a particular girl a lot one night I might ask her what she is doing over the weekend. And she'll tell me, but will never invite me along or see if maybe I want to hang out with her. Sorry this is so long, but I'm desperate!