View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Advice to rushers: re: legacies

Quote:
Originally posted by washrinserepeat
I know that sorority membership is one of mutual selection, but I would like to offer some advice. When rushing legacies, please remember that they can be a special part of your sorority. I know it is not possible to keep all legacies, nor should you if it is not a good fit. However, keep in mind that these girls probably grew up with lots of "aunts" and have some kind of connection to your glo. They have mothers and grandmothers who would love to have the chance to share the experience with them. Try to think ahead to the future and how you would feel if your daughter was cut from your sorority. Many of you will have the chance to watch your own daughter go through rush some day and you will want her experience to parallel your own. Having my mother at my initiation was an experience I will never forget. Good luck to the chapters with spring rush!
I agree wholeheartedly. One of the most special days of my life was hearing the news that my bio. sister was going to be my Kappa sister albeit at a different chapter in a different state. I was at her initiation. I have a lot of good friends whose daughters are going through spring recruitment right now and there is nothing more crushing than to hear that your own organization didn't "like" your daughter enough.