Thread: Upset at Big
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's what I just heard: I (a male) want to complain about everything every woman says about men being uncommunicative and obtuse. Ask any woman how that conversation ends up. Every time. You pledged a fraternity not a guy. If the only reason you want to be there is because of him I would 1-do some soul searching as to where those emotions are coming from and 2-accept the fact that this is going to go nowhere good. Find a way to love the fraternity or get out. But your big is not your lover. He's not even necessarily your best friend.

As with the sororities, I think WAY too much is made of the big/little thing. So re-read this:
But here's a summary of my big brother experience from the last century: Big Brother named at pledging ceremony. Big brother helps me do push ups during bonfire rally (a/k/a hazing). I make a paddle for big brother over Spring break. Big brother and I trade licks with paddle at Spring formal. That's it. Oh! And, most importantly, big brother runs interference for me and protects me during black ball sessions.

Best of luck to you.