View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

So, she went to the first nights meeting, and listened to orientation, received her LARGE tshirt..(which you can only roll the sleeves, not cut or knot the bottom..it tucked to her knees in her pants lol) and proceeded to several of the houses that night...really liked one, and liked the other...next morning up bright and early, she was off for a very long day to finish round one.
She texted me between houses, little blurbs....abc was SO SWEET!!!, DEF's house was BEAUTIFUL...they are number 1, omg I loved loved loved the girls in XYZ, as well as a few houses that conversation lagged, or she didn't feel really comfortable even if the conversation was good...JKL was really nice, but I don't see myself there, when asked to explain it later that night she said I don't know how to explain it about ones she ranked bottom 3, she just said she knew she wouldn't fit in right with the girls....and she is very much not a superiority princess...I just said ok...round 2 let's see what you get back...her hopes were for in order
DEF
XYZ
LMN
JKL
the rest fall wherever, as the title of the thread says it all
Round 2
She has picked out her outfit, I have picked up her laundry and she texts me that she ONLY GOT 2 HOUSES BACK!!!!
Hmm..well...wow...did not see it coming from the way she talked about round 1, so I ask...which ones DD?
XYZ
JKL
ok, I tell her, thinking fast here, you got 2 of your favorites back
But I didn't get my number 1 DEF
Think about it honey...you gushed about DEFs HOUSE, you didn't gush about conversations with the girls..
Nooooo....I really liked them....
Well, you have 2 back, you actually are going to be able to really focus on the girls in those houses, and finding personal connections with them...they wanted you back! And they were amongst your top choices so that's a good thing....
Mom...you know this means even my bottom 3 didn't invite me back, or they would have come back on my list...(no flies on this child)
That doesn't matter love, you didn't feel comfortable there anyway...
But still...
No but stills, think of it this way...all of these girls have to go back with full dance cards, and make rankings and decisions that could eliminate them from where they want to be, you don't have to stress over tjose choices, you just have to hold on to your houses till Preference round
But I wanted to make those choices...that's why they call it mutual selection (insert sarcasm and sadness all in one)
I know love, you just remember that the 2 on your list ARE by mutual selection