Thread: Miss America
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2000, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Classy_Diva5:
Now it may have been my imagination...but it seemed to me like they allowined women of larger size to run in this pageant, because I saw a few that didn't fit the stereotype (size 2-3-4).

I was rooting for Miss Michigan (wasn't she the 19-yr. old sista??) but she got cut @ the top 5 finalists...

Classy_Diva5

Classy_Diva5, I too was pleasantly suprised at the size of the some of the state winners. I remember reading an article recently about how the BMI (Body Mass Index--measures your fat to muscle ratio, I think) has gotten lower and lower for Miss Americas in the past ten years.

Miss Michigan was 18-19 years old Oh My!!

I think the reason Miss California did not win was because of all of her comments about make-up and how she did not wear any, but was sitting there with 'full face' on. She also spoke about how girls should be themselves and there is no 'pageant look'. She seemed a little disingenuous to me.

A biggg "You go girl!" to Miss Louisiana for winning more money than anyone else!! How in the world did she lose?!?!?

mccoyred, I am soooooo feeling you on O-town!! But when you have the network's backing, what can you do?